FULL TIME RETAIL STORE MANAGER - CHICAGO
Chicago, United States
Job Title: Store Manager
Reports To: National Retail Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hrs per Week: Full Time hours
Location: Dainese Store Chicago
Dainese USA, Inc. is looking for a dynamic Retail Store Manager to oversee the daily operation of its store in Chicago, Illinois; assuring excellent customer service is provided by well trained, highly motivated and personable staff. This role includes strategic sales and marketing plans to drive revenue into the store, financial reporting and maximizing profits with minimum cost. This individual will have responsibility for inventory control and promotion of the store, compiling sales data and monitoring trends. It is expected the Retail Store Manager will be on-site and oversee employee-customer interactions serving as a sales person as required. The candidate MUST be a sales driven individual with some previous experience possibly in structured sport/fashion/jewelry retail environments. Outgoing and with good communication skills. A love of motorcycle gear and motorbikes is a plus in order to better understand customers’ needs. Bi-lingual a plus. Salaries are DOE, and include health and vacation benefits as well as commission and bonus incentives.
Summary: To provide excellent customer-focused shopping experience and sales through efficient and timely assistance by performing the following duties:
- Provide quality customer service,
- Management of the retail store to achieve profit objectives; including training and motivating staff to provide excellent customer service, assistance with purchases, suggestive selling and detailed product information..
- Build and maintains an understanding of the store’s products and price information
- Adhere to all Company policies regarding sales, operations, branding, and marketing. Networking with local industry players is required.
- Handle merchandise returns and/or exchanges in accordance with store policy.
- Attend store meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Establish daily sales quotas for sales team and store, reviewing performance and recognizing accomplishments.
- Propose sales/marketing strategies, promotions, advertising, merchandising programs
- Evaluate customer feedback, sales reports, trends, competitor strategies/programs, etc., and provide timely information to National Retail Manager and colleagues.
- Maintain a neat and orderly store at all times to include re-stocking and organizing of products on the sales floor and back storage, as well as dusting and vacuuming all areas.
- Assist with loss prevention, reports any theft or suspected theft by customers or employees to management. Making the safety of the staff and store, including responding to alarm calls.
- Answer retail phones and emails.
- Unload deliveries to include lifting and carrying boxes and stocking in appropriate areas when needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Store Manager, Retail Coordinators, or VP of Operations.
Communication with customers as needed, resolve problems and spend a portion of time on the sales floor actively selling.
Collaborate with the National Retail Manager on specialized projects.
Occasional overtime may be required for special events, and can include working at off-site events.
Other duties may be assigned. We support individual talents and foster professional growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or GED equivalent; two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is typically indoors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Dainese USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Dainese USA, Inc. is the American subsidiary of Dainese S.p.A., based in Orange County, CA.