SOURCING MANAGER - APPAREL & GLOVES
The candidate will be part of Supply Chain Dept. and will manage the sourcing and the purchasing of finished goods according to the company budget.
The planned activities are:
- Scouting new suppliers and materials according to market trends and facilitating resourcing in Asian countries.
- Negotiation of prices with suppliers to implement the “should cost” model.
- Constant monitoring on suppliers to assure good service level and delivery on time in accordance with Production Planning scheduling.
- Preparing ongoing reports also for the management analysis
- Reviewing tenders
- Responsibility on purchasing budgets, cost levels and saving initiatives on direct spending to ensure radical cost reduction.
- Forecasting, planning, and correctly assessing needs.
- Ensuring consistency and quality of data inside the ERP system.
- Identifying opportunity to streamline office activities.
The ideal candidate has at least 5 years experience in Purchasing Dept. as responsible and has the following characteristics:
- Planning, organizing, financial, budgeting and decision-making skills.
- Strong market awareness, attention to details and problem-solving are also necessary attributes.
- Managing people and communications abilities at office and with Asian suppliers.
- Stress management skills
- Leadership and teamwork
- Commercial awareness
- Good PC skills in particular Office and modern ERP, such as SAP and Dynamics AX
- Knowledge of apparel materials as fabrics, accessories and printing
- Knowledge of bulk productions activities for apparel businesses in Asian countries.
Availability to travel on abroad Asia is requested.